- large package (16 to 20 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (8 ounces) packages cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained, chopped
- assorted crackers, chips, or vegetable dippers
- In slow cooker, combine spinach and cream cheese. Add green onions, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours, stirring once or twice, until very hot. Reserve 1/4 cup of shredded cheese for topping
- . Stir in the remaininng cheese and chopped water chestnuts. Sprinkle reserved cheese over top.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetables for dipping.