- Button mushrooms (Baby Bellas, if available)
- Olive oil (spray or brush on)
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Pesto (purchase prepared pesto; or, to make your own
- Remove stems from mushrooms. If they don’t pop out easily, you may have to dig a little with a knife. Brush or spray the outside of the mushrooms with a light coat of olive oil.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet with the stem-hole side up.
- Fill each mushroom cap with crumbled feta cheese. (The amount depends on the size of the mushrooms–just fill them up.) Top the feta with a dollop of pesto.
- Bake at 350° for approx. 15 minutes. The time may vary according to the size of your mushrooms.
- MAKE AHEAD: Assemble these ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Return to room temperature before baking.