- Smart Balance cooking spray
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 14 oz (1 package) fresh mushrooms, stems separated
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a foil lined baking pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
Remove stems from mushrooms and mince fine.
Heat a medium sized skillet. Rinse spinach and add to the skillet; cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes.Remove from the pan, squeeze excess liquid and chop fine. Set aside.Dry skillet, add bacon to the skillet and cook on low heat until bacon is cooked through. Set aside on a paper towel. Coarsely chop.Clean skillet and add olive oil to the pan. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 2 minutes. Add minced mushroom stems and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and combine mushroom stems with sauteed spinach, bacon, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.Season mushroom caps with salt. Fill mushrooms with spinach mixture, rounding tops off. Place on an oven safe dish and lightly spray the tops with oil.Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Eat warm.
Recipe Courtesy of – Skinny Taste