- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, basil and pepper on a plate.
- Beat egg in a small bowl.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4″ thick coins (you can do sticks, but its easier to brown them more evenly in the over if they are coins because you only have to flip them once).
- Dip zucchini into egg and then into cornmeal mixture.
- Coat a parchment lined cookie sheet with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Arrange zucchini coins on cookie sheet and back at 425 for about 10 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve with bottled blue cheese or ranch dressing.