- 1/2 cup Vegetable or peanut oil , for frying
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 3-inch segments, each segment quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- ztaztiki spread , for serving
- In a heavy pot or a deep fryer, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt, and pepper. Pour the beaten eggs into a
- separate bowl. In a third dish, combine the panko breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the zucchini sticks in the flour, followed by the egg, and finally the panko-cheese
- mixture. Lay the breaded zucchini sticks on a baking sheet as you finish coating them.
- Working in small batches, deep-fry the zucchini until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Carefully
- remove the zucchini from the hot oil and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with
- the fresh parsley and serve with a side of ztaztiki spread.