- 2 kg Korean-style or Miami beef ribs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup dry sherry
- 2/3 cup honey
- 16 garlic cloves (about 2 small heads of garlic), minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- RINSE ribs a couple of times with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Whisk soy with sherry, honey, garlic, onion, sesame oil and seeds, ginger, cayenne and black pepper in a large bowl. Pour marinade into a large freezer bag. Add ribs and push meat down into marinade and mix it well by hand, then squeeze out as much air as possible from bag. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-high. Remove ribs from marinade. Do not discard marinade. Oil grill, then barbecue ribs, brushing once with marinade, with lid closed, until done as you like, 4 to 5 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a platter. Snip between bones with kitchen shears before serving.
Shopping tip: Beef short ribs sliced 1/4 in. thick are called either Korean or Miami ribs at the supermarket.
No Barbecue? Just broil marinated ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet for 3 to 5 min per side.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine