- 2 flank steaks (750 g each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocadoes, pitted, peeled and cubed
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-high. Brush steaks with 2 tbsp oil, then sprinkle with salt. Season with fresh pepper. Barbecue steak, lid closed, 3 to 5 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 to 10 min.
- WHIRL garlic with anchovy, capers, lemon juice and zest in a food processor until chopped. Add 1/2 cup oil and parsley, and pulse until coarsely chopped but not puréed. Scrape into a bowl and stir in tomatoes and avocado.
- SLICE steaks thinly against the grain. Serve with salsa.