- 12 slices white bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 12 small eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- PREHEAT oven to 375F. Cut out 12 5 × 5-in. squares of parchment. Press a parchment square into each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan, or spray with oil.
- CUT the crusts off bread slices. Use a rolling pin to flatten slices, then press slices into prepared cups to make shells. Spray tops with cooking spray. Toast in centre of oven, 5 to 7 min.
- MELT butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and brown, 12 to 15 min. Stir in maple syrup and spinach. Cook until spinach wilts, 1 to 2 min. Spoon some spinach mixture into each bread shell, sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes over spinach, and crack an egg on top. Season with salt and fresh pepper.
- BAKE in centre of oven until egg whites are set but yolks are runny, 15 to 18 min.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine