- 1.5 kg medium ground beef
- 8 1-in.-square pieces Canadian cheddar, each 1/2 in. thick
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 burger buns
- lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 4 dill pickles, sliced
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Divide beef into 16 portions. Flatten each into a very thin patty. Lay a square of cheese in the centre of 8 patties, then top with remaining patties. Pinch edges well to seal in the cheese. Season both sides of burgers with salt and fresh pepper.
- Oil grill. Barbecue burgers, with lid closed, until cooked through, 4 to 6 min per side. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and pickles.
Recipe Courtesy of – City Line
Looking for the perfect burger recipe for the grilling season?
Check out these videos