- 1½ cups coarsely-chopped almonds
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups of butter
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Toast almonds. Then place in food processor and chop
- Layer 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds onto the bottom of an 18×13 inch cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine sugar and butter over medium high heat
- Stir constantly, cook until the candy or digital thermometer reads 300 degrees F. This is known as the hard crack stage (about 13 minutes). To test toffee candy for doneness, drop small amount of candy into cup of very cold water, the candy should separate into hard brittle threads. Watch candy carefully while cooking to make sure it
- Pour candy evenly on top of the almonds in cookie sheet. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Cover candy with layer of chocolate and sprinkle remaining almonds evenly over the top of chocolate layer.
- Allow to set up for a few hours. I place mine in the fridge when I need them to cool faster.
- Once completely set up and hardened, break into pieces using a knife.