- 4 sticks Butter
- 2 cups Sugar (rounded)
- 4 Tablespoons Water
- 2 cups Almonds, Chopped
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ cups Almonds, Finely Chopped, For Sprinkling
- Combine the first 3 ingredients and cook on high, stirring constantly through 3 stages:
“Cheesy”—it will look like melted white cheese
Runny and smooth, caramel brown color
- Make sure you have the fan on your stove going, cause you’ll probably set off the smoke alarm towards the end.
- When it is runny, smooth and caramel brown in color, remove it from the heat and add the almonds. Stir until combined and pour the mixture onto greased cookie sheets. Spread it into an even layer. It will harden as it cools.
- While it is still warm, sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let them melt enough to get soft. Spread the chocolate in an even layer across the candy. While the chocolate is still “wet,” sprinkle the finely chopped almonds on top.
At this point, while it is still warm and soft, you can score the candy with a butter knife to make it break evenly, or just let it harden and break it into rustic pieces.
- Store in airtight containers. Enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy of – Tasty Kitchen