- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 500g, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 680-mL bottle tomato passata
- 1/4 cup cashew or almond butter
- 2 tbsp 35% cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium. Add oil, then chicken. Cook until chicken is browned and no pink remains, 3 to 5 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and spices to pan. Cook, stirring often, until onion starts to soften, about 3 min. Return chicken and any juices to pan.
- Stir in tomatoes, and scrape up and stir in any brown bits from pan bottom. Simmer, covered, until slightly thickened, about 5 min.
- Add cashew butter, cream and salt. Stir until no streaks remain.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve over brown rice if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine