- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into long, thin strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 1/2 cups grated monterey jack or mozzarella
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Spray a baking sheet.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tbsp oil, then chicken. Sprinkle with salt. Cook until no pink remains, 5 to 6 min. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to pan, then onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, pepper flakes and 1/2 of tomatoes. Cook until vegetables soften, 2 to 3 min. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, any juices and 1 cup grated cheese.
- Divide chicken mixture into 8 portions. Scoop a portion into centre of each tortilla. Roll into a cigar shape around filling. Place seam-side down on baking sheet, spacing 1 in. apart. Flatten slightly, then top with remaining tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake in centre of oven until cheese melts, about 5 min. Sprinkle with cilantro
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine