- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup half & half/light cream
- 1/2 cup Bailey’s Caramel (or regular Bailey’s)
- 2 (8-oz) packages plain cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a Baker’s Edge pan (or 9×13-inch baking pan). Begin by making the crust. In a large or extra-large bowl, cream together sugar and butter, until smooth and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt in a small bowl. Working at a low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture. Mixture will be crumbly when all the flour has been incorporated. Press evenly into prepared pan and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, combine sugar, half & half, Bailey’s and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add in eggs one at a time, waiting until each in incorporated to add the next, followed by flour and vanilla.
- Pour the filling over the hot crust when it has finished baking. Return pan to oven and bake for 22-26 minutes, until the filling is set (a 9×13 pan might need an extra couple of minutes, so be sure to test that the cheesecake is set by gently jiggling the pan before removing it from the oven).
- Cool completely before slicing (don’t worry if the cheesecake appears to deflate as it cools), or refrigerate overnight.
- Store in the refrigerator.