- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs)
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted or salted butter, melted
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (16g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (85g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 8×8 baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.
- Make the crust: Using a food processor or blender, pulverize the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Pour into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.
- For the filling: Beat the softened cream cheese for 1 minute using a hand or stand mixer. Beat in the yogurt, egg whites, sugar, and flour until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Add the lemon juice and vanilla, beat for 1 additional minute until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread filling on top. Bake for 25 minutes, covering the cheesecake bars at the 20 minute mark with aluminum foil to prevent browning. Allow to cool for 20 minutes at room temperature, then chill completely in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.
- Makes 16 bars. Store bars in a covered container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator. Recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9×13-inch pan, baking time will vary – about 45-55 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of – Sally’s Baking Addiction