An easy lemon cream cheese bar recipe that uses a cake mix.
- 1 lemon or yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs, used separately
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 8 oz (1 cup) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg, and oil until crumbly; reserve one cup.
- Press remaining mixture lightly into an ungreased 9×13 inch or 7×11 inch pan. 3.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.4. Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Spread over baked layer and then sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake for an additional 15-18 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.