- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until brownies test done.
- Cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour. Spread over the brownies; chill until firm.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Immediately sprinkle with nuts, pressing down slightly. Let stand until set.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Recipe Courtesy of – Taste of Home