- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free crispy-rice cereal
- FOR COATING:
- 225 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Melt butter with honey in a medium saucepan set over medium. Stir in dates and simmer for 3 min. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, pecans and cereal. Chill mixture in the freezer until completely cool, about 10 min. Scoop with a tbsp measure and press firmly into 1-in. bite-sized balls.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on medium, stirring halfway through, 2 to 3 min. Remove and stir until completely melted. Pour coconut into a small bowl. Using 2 forks to hold balls, coat with chocolate, then roll in coconut. Chill in refrigerator on a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet until chocolate firms up, about 15 min. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine