- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, salt, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the 3/4 cup toasted almonds.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 7- to 8-inch roll. Roll each roll of dough in 2/3 cup almonds. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill about 6 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place slices 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- Makes about 60 cookies.