- 1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans, toasted
1 cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in the water and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the pecans. Cover; chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; cool.
- Place the 1 cup powdered sugar in a large plastic bag. Add cookies to bag in batches. Gently shake to coat.
Recipe Courtesy of – Better Homes and Gardens