- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine coconut, macadamia nuts, sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in egg whites, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.