- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Chocolate kisses or stars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat shortening and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in the 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookies center. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Makes 54 cookies.
Recipe Courtesy of – Better Homes and Gardens