- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
- Cover; chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer to wire racks; cool.
Recipe Courtesy of – Better Homes and Gardens