- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut (long, not fine)
- 6 tsp. cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups brown sugar (loose, don’t pack)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix first 3 ingredients well.
- Heat butter, brown sugar, & milk in a pot. Take it off the heat when it just starts to bubble. Or, if you’re careful, you can do this step in the microwave. Be careful though, it can easily boil over. Stir often & watch closely.
- Add vanilla & pour into the first mixture. Stir well. Drop by spoonful onto waxed or parchment paper. Freeze for 15 minutes. Remove & place into a container. Store in the refrigerator.
Recipe Courtesy of – Silver Boxes