300g penne pasta
1 tblsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
200g bacon rashers, chopped
500g jar tomato pasta sauce
100g baby spinach leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
150g packet feta, crumbled
Chopped fresh basil, to garnish
Crusty bread, to serve
- Add pasta to a large pan of boiling, salted water. Boil, uncovered, until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add sauce.
- Bring to boil. Stir in spinach until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir sauce mixture through pasta. Sprinkle with feta.
- Garnish pasta with basil. Serve with crusty bread.
Recipe Courtesy of –Lifestyle