- 340 g linguine
- 4 tsp (18 mL) butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (227 g) cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) whipping cream 35%
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- In large pot of boiling lightly salted water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid, drain.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add cremini and shiitake mushrooms and thyme; sauté until just softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, reserved cooking liquid, Parmesan cheese, cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper; cook, stirring, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley.