- 6 cups (1.5 L) cauliflower florets, (about 500 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) whipping cream, (35%)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- 375 g small shell pasta
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 4 slices sodium-reduced bacon, cooked and chopped
- In large saucepan of boiling lightly salted water, cook cauliflower and garlic until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid, drain. Transfer cauliflower mixture to blender; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add Parmesan cheese, cream, mustard, salt, pepper and reserved cauliflower cooking liquid; puree until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 2 minutes.
- Reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, drain. Return to pot; stir in cauliflower mixture, lemon juice, bacon and enough of the reserved pasta cooking liquid to coat.
Change it up:
Baked Pasta Shells With Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
Complete recipe as above. Transfer to lightly greased 12-cup (3 L) casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake in 425F (220C) oven until cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes; broil until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 3 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of – Canadian Living