- ½ cups Walnuts
- ½ pounds Penne Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Reduced-fat Milk
- ½ cups Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 pinch Coarse Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 cups Arugula
- Start by toasting your walnuts. Pour them into a small skillet and toast over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until they start to brown and you can smell ‘em. Remove them from the heat and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta until it reaches al dente (use package instructions for al dente). Reserve 1/4th of the pasta water and drain the rest. Set pasta and reserved water aside.
- Back in the pot, reduce the heat to medium and add the butter, milk and blue cheese. Whisk together until combined and smooth. Throw in a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and the arugula into the sauce, wilting the greens and gently stirring to cover everything with the sauce. If you need to thin out the sauce a little, you can add the reserved pasta water here.
- Serve with toasted walnuts
Recipe Courtesy of – TASTY KITCHEN