- 1/2 17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 12 ounce package frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coarse sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll thawed puff pastry into a 15×12-inch rectangle.
- Transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Halve any large berries. Add berries to sugar mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Spoon berry mixture onto one crosswise half of the prepared puff pastry, spreading evenly to 1 inch from the edges. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and the water. Brush some of the egg mixture on the uncovered edges of the pastry.
- Fold over the uncovered pastry half to enclose the fruit. Using a fork, firmly press together edges of top and bottom pastry to create a seal.
- Brush the top of the pastry with egg mixture and, if desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut 2 to 3 slits in pastry top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.
Recipe Courtesy of – Better Homes and Gardens