- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Slice cookie dough into 18 pieces. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and 1/2-in. up the sides of greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the milk, lime juice, egg yolks and lime peel. Spoon into hot crusts. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners’ sugar and extracts; beat until soft peaks form. Remove pies from muffin cups. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Recipe Courtesy of – Taste of Home