- 2 garlic cloves or 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) bottled chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil leaves
- 1 tomato
- 227 g store-bought thin pizza crust
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (1 to 2 mL) hot red chili flakes (optional)
- Pinches of salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each grated Parmesan and light mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 500F (260C). For a crispy crust, place a pizza pan or baking sheet in centre of oven. Meanwhile, mince garlic. Place in a small bowl and stir in oil and dried basil. Slice tomato into thick rounds, then coarsely chop.
- Remove pizza pan from oven to a heat-resistant surface. Place crust on hot pan. Brush with seasoned oil. Scatter tomatoes overtop and sprinkle with chili flakes, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella. Bake in centre of preheated oven until edge of crust is deep golden and cheese is melted, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil. Great with a spinach-and-mushroom salad.