- 1 package frozen phyllo dough
- 1 Cup olive oil, for brushing
- 1 pound fresh spinach or 1 10 ounce box of frozen spinach
- 1 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 Cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 pound low-moisture mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 large red onion, sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced (I used one from a jar)
- 1/2 Teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
For the crust
- Take 8 sheets of phyllo, brushing each sheet with olive oil and layering one on top of the other on a clean surface.
- Get a large rectangular, rimmed baking sheet and brush it completely with olive oil. Then carefully transfer your 8-sheet crust to the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Brush the entire thing (including the edges) with olive oil and then poke some holes in the dough with a fork to let steam escape.
- Chop spinach and mix it with your crumbled feta and chopped dill.
- After you brush your crust with olive oil, crumble all of your spinach mixture in the bottom.
- Next, add your mozzarella. Then sprinkle on your onions, roasted peppers, and fresh spinach. The fresh spinach will crisp up a bit on the surface and give a good contrast to the other spinach in the feta mixture. Sprinkle on some red pepper flakes if you want a bit of heat also.
Make sure to cut your pizza BEFORE you cook it. The phyllo dough is very flaky and it’s a lot easier to cut it prior to cooking it.
- Bake this for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese melted. The phyllo dough will take some time to brown nicely though.Then let it cool and serve it up!
The link below shows an amazing step by step tutorial check it out !