- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) milk
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, (about 2 lb/900 g)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook garlic, stirring, for 1 minute. Add flour, thyme, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk; cook, whisking constantly, until boiling and thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Layer one-third in greased 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish or casserole dish; spread half of the onion over top. Repeat layers. Arrange remaining potatoes over top. Pour sauce over top, using back of knife to ease sauce between layers.
- Cover and bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake until lightly browned and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Potato Wedges
- 3 large red bliss potatoes
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup parmiggiano reggiano cheese
- 1/4 tsp Italian parsley, fine mince
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut potatoes into wedges, first by cutting down the middle length wise, then cutting into long pieces about an inch thick. Toss in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in an oven safe dish and cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes to an hour until just done.
- Make the sauce by melting the butter over medium low heat. Add in the garlic until just fragrant about a minute. Do NOT burn the garlic, if it starts to turn a brownish color at all take the pan off the heat, it is done. Add in the cheese and let it melt down. Set aside.
- Get the grill heated over high heat and oil the grates. Place wedges carefully on the grill over medium heat. Flip them over after about 5 minutes or until grill marks start to form. Baste with the garlic sauce but be careful for flare ups, always have a water bottle handy!
- When the potatoes have nice grill marks on all sides they are done, take off the grill carefully and place in a bowl. Drizzle the rest of the garlic sauce over them and add the parsley. Toss until coated.
Recipe Courtesy of This Silly Girls Life
Nested Potato Skins
- 3 cups freshly shredded russet potatoes or frozen shredded hash browns or 20 oz pkg refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten egg whites
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4-1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups colby-jack cheese
- 16 oz sour cream
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- chopped parsley or chives for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
Recipe Courtesy of Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
Southern Style Potato Salad
- 7 medium sized russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of onion, minced
- 1 large stalk (rib) of celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 10 turns of the pepper grinder, or to taste
- 3 boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup of real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of chopped sweet pickle or pickle relish
- Paprika to garnish, if desired
- Rinse and scrub potatoes and place whole in a large pot of salted water; bring to a boil. Boil until tender but still firm, about 15-20 minutes. Test by piercing with a sharp knife.
- Remove the potatoes from the hot water and set aside until cool enough to handle, but still warm. Peel and cut into chunks (or cubes if you prefer) and place into a large serving bowl.
- Add the onion, celery, salt, pepper and eggs; toss. In a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and sweet pickle, and spoon over the potatoes; toss again until all the potatoes are coated. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Sprinkle top lightly with paprika, if desired.
Recipe Courtesty of Deep South Dish
Tricolor Potatoes with Pesto and Parmigiano
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 2 large shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 pounds red-skinned new potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 1 pound purple potatoes (each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- Blend 4 tablespoons olive oil, basil, shallots, and garlic in processor until smooth. Season basil sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat baking sheet with olive oil
- Toss all potatoes with 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper in large bowl to coat. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes until almost tender, about 35 minutes. Pour basil sauce over potatoes and toss to coat. Continue roasting potatoes until golden brown and tender when pierced with skewer, about 20 minutes longer.
- Transfer potatoes to serving bowl. Add cheese and toss to coat.
Parsley Pesto Potatoes
- 3 lbs. small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 Tbsp.olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the potatoes into one inch cubes. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the oil until well coated.
- Cover one or two baking sheets with foil and coat lightly with oil
- Spread the potatoes out over the sheets so that they are in a single layer
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, then roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- Once the potatoes are golden brown and crispy, remove them from the oven and transfer them to a bowl. Serve the pesto spooned over top or toss the potatoes in the pesto until they are fully coated.