- 3 large red bliss potatoes
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup parmiggiano reggiano cheese
- 1/4 tsp Italian parsley, fine mince
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut potatoes into wedges, first by cutting down the middle length wise, then cutting into long pieces about an inch thick. Toss in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in an oven safe dish and cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes to an hour until just done.
- Make the sauce by melting the butter over medium low heat. Add in the garlic until just fragrant about a minute. Do NOT burn the garlic, if it starts to turn a brownish color at all take the pan off the heat, it is done. Add in the cheese and let it melt down. Set aside.
- Get the grill heated over high heat and oil the grates. Place wedges carefully on the grill over medium heat. Flip them over after about 5 minutes or until grill marks start to form. Baste with the garlic sauce but be careful for flare ups, always have a water bottle handy!
- When the potatoes have nice grill marks on all sides they are done, take off the grill carefully and place in a bowl. Drizzle the rest of the garlic sauce over them and add the parsley. Toss until coated.