- 3 garlic cloves or 2 tsp (10 mL) bottled chopped garlic
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- pinches of ground black pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- Mince garlic. Slice cucumber in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scrape out and discard seeds. Thinly slice cucumber. Finely chop onion and mint. Place garlic, cucumber, onion and mint in a large bowl. In a small bowl, stir sour cream with oil, salt and pepper until blended, then stir into cucumber mixture.
- If making ahead, salad will keep well in the refrigerator up to half a day. To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on salad plates to form cups. Spoon in cucumber salad.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine