- 4 eggs
- 100 g green beans, trimmed (about 1 cup)
- 3 80-g cans oil-packed tuna, drained
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf round Italian bread (370 g)
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- BOIL eggs in a large pot of water over medium-high for 8 min. Add green beans to eggs and cook until beans are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 more min. Drain beans and eggs, and rinse with cold water. Peel eggs and thinly slice crosswise. Chop green beans into 1/4-in. pieces. Stir beans with tuna, Dijon and mayo in a medium bowl.
- WHIRL olives with garlic, anchovies and oil in a food processor until smooth, about 2 min.
- SLICE off top third of loaf using a serrated knife. Using your fingers, hollow out the bread from the top and bottom pieces, leaving a 1-in.-thick shell of bread. Save excess bread for another use.
- SPREAD tuna mixture over the bottom bread shell. Top with 1 cup of arugula, then tomato slices, onion and egg slices. Scatter remaining 1/2 cup arugula overtop. Spread the inside of loaf top with olive paste. Sandwich muffuletta and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. To serve, slice into 6 wedges.