- 1 cup shelled walnuts, about 3 1/2 ounces
- 2 cups chopped parsley, about 1 bunch
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-(Reggiano/ Grana Padano) or Pecorino Cheese
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Put the walnuts, parsley, cheese, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then pulse again.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while the machine is running just long enough to incorporate the oil, about 20-30 seconds.
- Use immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to store. Will last several days chilled.
- Use with pasta or as a spread on bread or toast.
Freezing : If you are planning on freezing this batch, leave the cheese out and add it when you are serving the pesto. It doesn’t freeze very well and you might find the flavor a bit off.