Garlic-Butter Baked Halibut
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound halibut fillets, preferably wild caught
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano, dill, oregano, or other favorite). If you’re substituting dried herbs, reduce the amount to 1 tablespoon.
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush halibut fillets with olive oil. Arrange in a single layer in a baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add garlic, and sauté for about five minutes. Garlic should be golden brown and fragrant.
- Turn off heat; add lemon juice, zest, and herbs. Pour over fish.
- Bake fish for 10 minutes, basting it with lemon/herb/butter mixture about halfway through.
- Check to make certain the fish is opaque at its thickest point, which means it is done. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each portion with a spoonful of lemon/herb/butter before serving.