Peter Isacu’s pan-seared prawns and scallops in white wine sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 6 fresh or defrosted tiger prawns, shells on (about 180 g [6 oz])
- 6 fresh or defrosted sea scallops (about 180 g [6 oz])
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) white wine
- 1 small bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter, cubed
- Season the prawns and scallops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the prawns and scallops in the hot pan and carefully sear both sides for about 45 seconds each, or until prawns begin to turn pink and scallops begin to brown.
- Add shallot and garlic to the pan and sauté about 1 minute, or until aroma is released, stirring frequently.
- Add diced tomato and sauté about 30 seconds.
- Add white wine to deglaze pan, stirring occasionally before adding herbs. Lower heat to medium and cook about 2 minutes, until liquid has reduced by half.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in butter.
- To serve, divide prawns and scallops between two plates and top with sauce.
Recipe Courtesy of Straight.Com