- 500 g skinless, boneless salmon fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- COMBINE salmon with panko, cilantro, 1/2 cup mayo, onion, ginger and salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Shape into 6 patties, about 1/2-in. thick.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then salmon patties. Cook until patties are golden brown and cooked through, flipping halfway, 8 to 10 min.
- TRANSFER to a platter and tent with foil. Let stand 5 min.
- MASH avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup mayo along with lime juice and hot sauce until no white streaks remain. Serve with salmon cakes.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine