- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Finely grated zest of 2 small lemons (mixed with 1 tablespoon of sugar)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Equipment needed
- 9 inch “tube” pan, greased
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat eggs and sugar until creamy.
- Add oil.
- Add milk.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Fold in grated lemon zest mixed with sugar with a rubber spatula [Do NOT use an electric mixer as this might make the cake mushy!].
- Place batter in a well-greased largish “tube” or “coffee cake” pan.
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes [To see if it’s done do the standard skewer test — insert a skewer in the cake and if it comes out clean it’s ready.].
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of – Italy Revisited