For the cake
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the crumb
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Make your crumb mixture-In a medium bowl combine all ingredients, until crumbly.
- In large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder and sugar. Cut in butter either using a pastry blender or using a stand mixer on the slowest speed until a fine crumb forms. Using a mixer it takes about 4-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. Slowly add egg/milk mixture to flour mixture until well blended and smooth.
- In a 9 x 13 greased baking pan, spread half of batter evenly to cover bottom of pan. Sprinkle half of crumb mixture evenly over bottom layer of batter. Spoon remaining batter evenly over top then cover with remaining crumb topping.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or let cool completely.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chocolate Chocolate and More