- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2/3 cup lingonberry or red currant jam, preferably Ikea icing sugar for garnish
- STIR flour with almonds and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and almond extract. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in flour mixture until combined. Divide dough into 2 portions. Form into discs, wrap with plastic wrap and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 min.
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Roll out each disc on a floured counter until 1/4 in. thick. Cut out cookies with a 1 1/2-in. round cutter. Arrange on prepared sheets. Roll scraps into a ball and chill until firm enough to roll again.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching and rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are lightly brown, 14 to 16 min. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- SPREAD 1/2 tsp of jam each on half the cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies. Dust with icing sugar.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine