- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ground nuts, pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar for rolling
- Beat butter till creamy, add in sugar and beat again.
- Add remaining vanilla, flour, salt and nuts, mix well. Dough will be crumbly. Chill dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll dough in to 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten them (just so they don’t roll around) Bake for 12 minutes.
- Roll cookies while still warm in confectioners sugar, let cool completely then roll in the sugar for a second coating.