- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with spoon. Stir in flour. (If dough is crumbly, mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened.)
- 2 Roll dough 1/2 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into small shapes by hand or use cookie cutters.
- Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.