- 2 cups flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir flour mixture in butter mixture, just until incorporated, do not over work. Cover and let rest in fridge, for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Transfer to baking sheets, leaving a 2-inch space between cookies. Using the tines of a fork, press into cookie to make a decorative pattern.
- Bake cookies until top is firm when lightly pressed and lightly golden on the bottom, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Yield: About 2 dozen cookies.
Recipe Courtesy of – IN THE KITCHEN WITH STEFANO FAITA