For the Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup canned 100% pumpkin puree or shredded raw pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tin
- In a medium-sized bowl sift together the flour and the baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin, oil, eggs, spice, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the flour mixture until combined. Do not over-mix.
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, sprinkling the cinnamon-sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack