- 2 cups or all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup or granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, coarsely grated
- 2/3 cup 10% cream, plus more if needed
- 454-g tub strawberries, diced, about 2 2/3 cups, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- STIR flour with 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Using a fork, mix in grated butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cream and half of berries until dough just comes together. Add more cream, 1 tbsp at a time, if needed. Do not over-mix.
- SCOOP 1/4 cup of mixture for each portion and shape into 1-in.-high round scones. Set on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE in centre of oven until tops are golden, 15 to 17 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- COMBINE remaining 1/4 cup sugar and half of berries with zest in a small saucepan and set over medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved and berries are soft, about 15 min. Serve warm with scones.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine