- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust
- 1 onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) 15% or 18% cream
- 3 large eggs
- Generous grinding pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula
- 1 cup (250 mL) 1/2-inch (1cm) cubes Canadian Brie cheese, about 4 oz (125 g)
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F (200 ̊C) Set pie shell on baking sheet. Prepare as per package directions for a baked shell. Remove from oven, set aside to cool. Lower oven temperature to 350°F (180°C).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and pinch of salt. Stir frequently, reducing heat if needed until onions are golden and very tender, 7 to 10 min. Add arugula; stir just until wilted, about 1 min. Set aside to cool; stir in brie.In a medium bowl, whisk cream with eggs, remaining salt and pepper. Scatter onion mixture in cooled pie shell. Slowly pour egg mixture over top, distributing ingredients as best you can. Bake 30 to 35 in preheated oven until custard is set. Serve in wedges.
If making a homemade pie crust, make sure to partially bake it ahead of filling.
Substitute baby spinach for the arugula.
Recipe Courtesy of – Dairy Goodness