- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. chicken breast cutlets or chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. white mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil and butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel.
- Spread the flour on a plate and dredge the chicken in the flour, tapping to remove excess.
- Transfer the floured chicken to the hot frying pan, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 10 minutes, flipping at the halfway point.
- Remove chicken from pan; leave drippings.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until softened and browned.
- Add the white wine, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape any remaining bits from the bottom of the pan. Add about half the parsley and cook until the wine has reduced by roughly half.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and pour mushroom wine sauce
- Cook on Low setting for 5 to 6 hours, or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Recipe courtesy of – Cook In Dine Out
The one thing I did different was placing it in the slow cooker
It was absolutely delicious and the chicken was like butter